Monday, February 1, 2010

Interview with Paper Tigers!

-What can you tell me about Paper Tigers? Who plays what? When did you form? Where are you from?

PT: Paper tigers is a genuine rock group from Los Angeles,CA. We just play what we feel, and try to keep our music as real and fresh as possible, we try avoiding being put in a sub-genre. We're a 4 piece, Eric Cano on drums, Alan Littrell on bass, Jordan Juan on guitar and vocals, and Eddie Gonzalez on guitar and vocal. We formed in December of 2009.

-What does Paper Tigers have going on right now since you're SO new to the area?

PT: Well we just released our demos on myspace in January, we're staring to play shows now this month, our first one@ The Blvd in Paramount,CA. Everything's going according to schedule for us. We keep writing, and just practicing. Hopefully people will appreciate us haha

-Have the members been in previous bands? How much experience does each member have with their instrument?

PT: We've each played in Night Crawler, formerly known as Legion, Alan and Jordan still continue on with them. Alan's been in various bands over the years, too many to list. I used to tour and play locally with Tiefighter. We each know our instruments pretty well, Eric's still new to drums, but he's doing great, he definatley gets the job done

-Legit. When do you think you guys will tour if you end up doing so?

PT: Well to be honest, touring is a plan, but its hard to tell how soon we'll be leaving, but im sure it'll be sometime this year.

-Yes it is a plan. So how did you guys meet and come up with the idea of Paper Tigers?

PT: Wow, well I've known Eric for nearly 9 years already, we met in middle school, but didn't start really hanging out till my Freshman year, or end of 8th grade. We had a few projects, but nothing ever serious. But the real origin of PT is from me and Jordan. We just wanted to do something different, something that was new, and at the time I was till in Night Crawler, so we asked Alan several times to come play, but nothing was ever set in stone. Us 3 talked about the project for a good 3 months before actually getting together, not having a drummer was a set back. Eric offered several times to play, and we decided we all needed each other for the band, and the first practice everything fell into place, we wrote " yours Truly" with in 1 hr.

-Haha dope, What are the lryics about? Whats the 'message' that PT is trying to give?

PT: I wish I could tell you what the lyrics were about, but I honestly don't know how to explain them. We just want our fans to hear the words and feel the message or emotion. Our message, well personally, my message to everyone is to just be yourself and do what you want, don't just say you're different, show you're different. As a band we wanted to just play, do what we were feeling and not what everyone was saying or telling us to do. So I guess you could say we all feel the same.

- I like it, What do you guys do when you're not with the band? On your 'alone' time.

PT: Well Jordan and Alan play with Night Crawler. We all go to school, everyones in school, most of us work. I keep on writing, whether it be for PT or other projects I might get involved in or just for the fun of writing.

- Sounds good haha well I can't wait till you guys play some shows in th So-Cal area because I'll be there to support! THANKS FOR THE INTERVIEW Any last words?

PT: Thanks for taking to time to acknowledge us, I think I speak for everyone when I say we're very humbled you took the time to get to know more about us. And as for everyone else, just keep us in mind and be on the look out.

Check them out at: myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment