Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Interview with There's No Heroes!

-Who is TNH? Where are you from? How did you all meet? Did you know each other before TNH?

TNH: Alright I guess I'll start off with: Hi, my name's Vince and I play drums/sing in THERES NO HEROES. TNH is basically the final outcome of bands that our guitarist, Sean, and I have been in over the years. I met Sean in fifth grade and we've been in the same band ever since. We started TNH back in freshman year, but our lineup wasn't really solid until about the beginning of sophomore year. This lineup now is Fleming on vocals, Sean on guitar, Cory on guitar and vocals, Tim on bass and clean singing, Noe on keys/synth, and me on drums and clean singing. I met these dudes mainly through friends or music. As I said before, I met Sean back when we were in fifth grade. I met Noe at school and he's been in the band since the original lineup. Tim actually contacted us through our Myspace saying he wanted to fill in for a few shows back when we didn't have a bassist, and after a while he eventually joined the band. After parting ways with our original vocalist, we talked to Fleming about him doing vocals for us. We knew about him before through his old band, the Gospel. And finally Cory. Sean and I have known Cory since the summer going into freshman year and he's filled in for us at shows before. It wasn't until late last year that he joined full-time.

-How would you describe your overall sound?

TNH: It's hard to say really haha. I've tried to listen to our EP and put us in one genre, but it's gotten so hard now with all these subgenres. Some people have told us that we've made our own sound. I guess if I HAD to put us into some genres I'd say deathcore/metalcore/hardcore/progressive.

-What does TNH have under their belt? Time to brag fellas, aha.

TNH: Well, I don't really know what to brag about haha. We released our debut EP, "We Watched The World," in August last year and that's been getting some really good response, so I'm happy with that. Besides that we've played some really amazing shows with bands like After the Burial, ABACABB, Bury Your Dead, Carnifex, Circle of Contempt, Confide, Knights of the Abyss, Molotov Solution, Of Mice & Men, Oceano, Stick To Your Guns, The Ghost Inside, Throwdown, Veil of Maya, Winds of Plague, and many more.

-When you're writing new songs, where do you get your inspiration from?

TNH: We usually get inspiration from personal experiences whether they're from the past or present. The ones that inspire us most are the things happening now though. We also get inspiration from various jazz artists.

-What are some best and worst memories connected with the band?

TNH: I think some of the worst memories that the band has had are just all the hard times we've gone through. I remember in the summer of freshman year, we actually broke up for a bit. That had to be the saddest time the band's had yet. I was completely lost without the band haha. But we pulled through and now we're having the times of our lives. Every show we play is another best memory added to our book of best memories and we would've never been here if we didn't work hard.

-What’s your goal with this band?

TNH: I'd like to make it a full-time thing for me. We're working super hard to get signed and hopefully everything will take off from there!

-What do you want listeners to experience while listening to your songs?

TNH: Overall, I want the listeners to feel all the emotions we put into these songs. If we could do that, I'd feel a little bit more accomplished in life.

-How many shows have you played so far? What was the most memorable one and is there any you consider to be a total wreck?

TNH: I believe as TNH, we're somewhere around 50 or 60 shows right now. The most memorable one we've had yet has to be when we played December Decimation 2009 at the Glasshouse with Winds of Plague, Stick To Your Guns, Sleeping Giant, Oceano, Carnifex, Circle of Contempt, The Great Commission, Murder Death Kill, & more. The show sold out at over 1000 kids and our set went perfect, so we had a great time. Our worst show we've had was probably back when we first started out with our old guitarist and vocalist. It was at the Green Turtle in Whittier and we literally played to our parents. It was sick.

-For people that never listened or heard of you guys out there. Give us a few reasons they should.

TNH: I think we bring something new to the table when it comes to music. If you're tired of generic bands, give us a listen. Plus, we're just a bunch of frickin' sweet dudes playing some frickin' sweet music. If you catch my drift.

-What do you guys love to eat? Any particular places you remember from being on tour that you'll never forget?

TNH: I LOVE Chipotle. One time last year, I had Chipotle at least once a day for two weeks. It was the best and worst week ever haha. But as a band we definitely love In N Out as well. We haven't been on tour yet, but we're working on a southwest tour for our spring break so anyone reading this should keep on the look out!

-Thanks for the interview! Any Last words? Anything you would like to add?

TNH: No problem! And uhh, check us out and spread the word about us! Oh yeah and don't forget to pick up one of our shirts at theresnoheroesmerch.bigcartel.com and our EP at smartpunk.com!

Check them out here: myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment